April 20, 2010

Excellence in Design Awards

Wow, the last couple weeks have been so busy that I completely forgot to share this exciting piece of news. I got an email from Marta, our architect, on April 8 saying that she had submitted our home renovation to Environmental Design + Construction Magazine's 2010 Excellence in Design Awards, and she had just received notice that we are a finalist!

From what I can tell, up to five finalists are selected in each of five categories (we're in Residential), and after the judging is completed, the winners will be announced sometime in May. I'm not sure what you actually win, other than being featured in their magazine, but it would certainly be a nice feather in the cap of our architect and builders. And, of course, we'd probably scoop up every issue of that magazine we could get our hands on to show off to friends and family.

I'll certainly let you know as soon as the winners are announced. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment