August 17, 2010

Up On the Rooftop

I was working from home this morning and heard loud hammering noises coming from the back yard. I thought the framers had finished the job yesterday, but maybe they had come back for some finishing touches. I looked out the family room window, and saw Steve W walking around on the roof of the garage. I poked my head out the back door and asked what all the racket was about, and he said he was trying to fall off the roof. Sadly, he failed miserably. ;-)
I did get a sort of artistic photo of him working on the roof through the windows of the back door. It turns out he was putting tar paper on the roof. It's a waterproof layer that is applied before the shingles/tiles/roofing material is installed.
Here's what it looks like installed, once he was finished. I took this from the bedroom window upstairs, so it was through a window screen, but it came out OK.
It's a good thing he did that today, because we are supposed to get a LOT of rain tomorrow. The stucco guys are planning to get started on the exterior finish later this week, and John is scheduled to start on the roof next week. Let's hope the weather cooperates.

No comments:

Post a Comment