May 22, 2009

Window Vista

When I stopped by the house this afternoon, I was happy to see the final window had been installed in the master bathroom. Now ALL the windows are in!
Here's what it looks like from the inside. It's set into an alcove above the tub, with a matching arched opening and ceiling. Josh and I were inspired to create this space by a photo we saw in a magazine. We're very happy with how it is shaping up.
It looks like the floor guys are already done installing the new flooring. They still need to sand, stain, and refinish the floors, but they'll wait until everything else is done so the floors don't get scratched up in the interim. This is the landing on the stairs. (We have instituted an "Adults Only" tour policy until the railings have been installed...)
With the dumpster gone and the back door open, I had a rare chance to see the back of the house. You can see all the different phases of the exterior here -- the blue insulated sheathing, the gray cement base, and the white textured stucco.
Ian was upstairs installing cement board on the laundry room floor. I warned him that I take a lot of photos. His first instinct was to run away every time I pointed my camera in his direction, but I explained about the blog and how the photos are kind of dull if all you can see are a bunch of empty rooms, and he eventually came around. He seems like a nice guy -- and a good sport.
In the photo above, Ian is trimming a piece of cement board to fit in the empty spot below. Once the cement board is in, he'll lay the floor tile on top of it. I'm excited to see all the tile installed. We spent a lot of time picking it out, and I think it will be one of the highlights of the interior of the house.Apparently, lots of interested parties are excited enough about our house to put a sign in our front yard -- they're sprouting up like weeds! I do think the plumber's sign is a little much -- if you have to dig two post holes in the homeowner's front yard, you may want to rethink your sign design...
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment