September 3, 2009

Catching Up

I've received complaints from several blog addicts that I haven't been supplying them with their regular fix. That's mostly because we either had house guests or were out of town for the majority of August, so there hasn't been much to report renovation-wise.

My friend Kinnari was visiting with her husband and two kids July 29 - Aug 4 while attending her sister's wedding. Then we took a week-long vacation to Cape Cod Aug 9-16. My cousin Purvi came to the DC area for a wedding with her husband and two kids (and younger sister) and stayed with us Aug 23-27. And then we went back to Cape Cod Aug 28 - Sept 1 to attend a memorial service for Josh's grandmother, Florrie. That hasn't left us much time to work on the house, but there's lots to do...

We're having an open house on Sept 12 for all our friends, neighbors, and co-workers who have endured hearing about -- or watching -- our renovation for the past several months. If you live in the DC area and would like to come, shoot me an email [mistry9 (at) yahoo.com] and I'll send you the details. The house will still be a work in progress from our point of view, but as long as we can hang some stuff on the walls and give it a good cleaning by then, I think it will look pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment