September 9, 2009

She Loves Us, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah

The "she" would be my sister, Sonia. Yes, the same sister to whom I had Amazon.com ship a single glue stick for her birthday (plus two books), pre-ordered The Beatles: Rock Band as a joint Josh's birthday/housewarming gift for us back in June. The game was just released today -- 09/09/09 -- and ours was delivered to our house earlier this afternoon. Fortunately, none of the neighbors were around to see me jumping up and down with glee on our front porch. I'm considering keeping the boxes sealed until after the open house this weekend, because there's no way we'll get any work done if we set the game up now. The learning curve will be a bit steep, since neither of us has ever played any other version of Rock Band or Guitar Hero -- nor do we play any actual musical instruments, or sing particularly well, for that matter. I'm sure our initial attempts to play this game will be quite comical. But since I am a huge Beatles fan, at least I'm familiar with all the songs.

It's also looking like we could have 75+ people -- including several small children -- traipsing through here on Saturday, so I'd like to reduce the risk of it meeting with any misfortune. Well, that and make sure our open house doesn't turn into an all-Beatles karaoke club...

2 comments:

  1. HIDE IT!! Wrap it in a garbage bag and bury it in the compost. Or put it in one of the creepy crawl spaces in the basement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hide it! I agree! And then after the open house, please unhide it, because then I'm coming over to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete