October 5, 2009

Jealous?

OK, we did do some work on the house this weekend, but I didn't have time to take any photos, and since I'm rarely home before dark during the week, this silly story will have to tide you over until I have an opportunity to document the new stuff.

So, when I left off last week, I had just met Capt. Johnathon from Deadliest Catch. I took a photo with my cheesy cell phone camera, which I sent to Josh, with the subject line "My new boyfriend."

Josh's response: Cute. I'd be more jealous if it was Mike Rowe. I doubt I'll lose out to a guy who smells like crab. Of course, who knows what Mike Rowe smells like…

If you are not familiar with Mike Rowe (really?!), he is the charming host of the Discovery Channel show Dirty Jobs, as well as the narrator of Deadliest Catch. He has also hosted Shark Week, narrated several other Discovery specials, and starred in a series of Ford commercials. He gets around.

It just so happens that my neighbor, Maria, has a life-size cardboard cutout of Mike Rowe standing outside her cube. She was on a business trip that day, but when she returned on Friday, I gave her the backstory and asked if she would mind taking a photo of me with her Mike Rowe. She was instantly on board, and dragged poor Mike through the maze of cubicles until we found a spot with decent light and a white background. Of course, we were still limited by my cell phone camera, but she managed to get a decent photo, all things considered.
I promptly sent the photo to Josh with the subject line "My even NEWER boyfriend!"

Josh's response: Ha ha! I never noticed his striking family resemblance to Flat Stanley.

As an additional follow-up to my previous post, I got an email from my sister over the weekend:


I was just looking at your blog and saw your Deadliest Catch poster, which reminded me of the attached photo. It's a screenshot I took of a banner ad from my hotmail account. I posted it on my facebook page with the caption "check out the buoys on THAT guy!".



No comments:

Post a Comment