February 20, 2009

Booty Call

Here's an email exchange I had yesterday with Rob, our project supervisor:

Rob: Tomorrow in the afternoon would be fine to come by with the sinks. We have also unearthed more booty for you guys. See you tomorrow.

Naina: OK, I'll come by tomorrow afternoon to drop off the sinks and pick up the booty. (Would that be a 'booty call'?)

Rob: Yes, yes it would.

(We are both happily married, and Rob has a good sense of humor, so I was assuming he wouldn't take my response as anything other than a punny joke. He later told me he laughed out loud when he got my email.)

The house had already changed since yesterday afternoon. The second floor was now walled in with SIS panels -- Structural Insulated Sheathing -- that have a layer of foam insulation built right in. Rob had my "booty" waiting for me on the front porch: an old nail barrel, a crate full of liquor bottles, and a bag of odds and ends, including a toy rifle and wooden arrow shafts.
All this stuff was in the crawlspace under the back of the house. I hope to have some time this weekend to sort through all of it, clean it up, take photos, and figure out what to do with all of it. I still have a huge box full of bottles and other items that were unearthed from the other crawlspace under the front porch to contend with as well. When I asked them to save anything they found for me, I had no idea there's be this much junk! Well, as they say ,"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Maybe someone will want all these old liquor bottles and cans...

After Rob helped me unload the sinks and put the "booty" in the car, I took a quick tour of the house. The stair area is a little more defined now -- there's a landing, anyway:
And you can see the doorways for the new bathroom and the front bedroom (which used to open directly onto the living room)The upstairs is only accessible by ladder, so we'll have to wait until they build the stairs to get photos of that area. At the speed things are going, it may be sooner than we think!

No comments:

Post a Comment