July 4, 2009

Red, White & Bluey-Purple

Happy 4th, everyone!

Yesterday was a holiday, but Rob and Justin worked a half day in the morning and the Steves came by to meet with another potential client. Josh and I stopped by to see how things were going, and I checked on my medicine cabinets. Rob suggested I put a finish coat on them to seal them against the moisture in the bathroom, but they were still a little sticky from when I stained them on Thursday, so that will have to wait. Rob said he and Steve W both thought I did a nice job with the stain -- which was nice to hear.
I was thrilled to see my washer and dryer all cleaned up and moved into the laundry room. Rob said he ran the washer a couple times to get out all the dust that had accumulated inside while it was down in the basement for the past 5 months. Apparently, he learned that trick the hard way on a previous project when the homeowner complained that all the clothes in her first load of laundry turned brown. Oops! Anyway, I can't wait to do laundry in my own machines again! No more hoarding quarters...I hadn't noticed it, but Rob pointed out that Justin had left out a letter when marking the bathroom mirror. Or does "Fagile" means "mirror" in some language I'm not familiar with? We all had a good laugh over that -- including Justin.
Here's where the mirror will eventually go, but first they'll have to move the sconces over and down a bit so they end up on the sides of the mirror rather than above it.
My friend Ann -- who is visiting from California this week -- commented that this bathroom is "bluey-purple," which is a color our friend Michelle made up when we were in middle school. It was a bittersweet memory for us -- Michelle died in 1996 after a bone marrow transplant to treat her lymphoma -- but we sure had some good times during our "bluey-purple" period.

No comments:

Post a Comment