June 8, 2009

Floor Stain (the good kind)

Part of our homework this past weekend was to pick out some potential stain colors for the hardwood floors. Since they have to refinish the old floors and stain the new ones, we have an opportunity to change the color if we like. I emailed Rob with some suggestions yesterday afternoon, and the floor guys came by this morning and did a few sample patches in the kitchen with three different colors and finishes. Rob sent me an email asking me to stop by in the afternoon to take a look.

To be honest, I could barely tell the difference between the colors, let alone the finishes. The top right stain is a little lighter and more golden than the other two, but the satin, semi-gloss, and glossy finishes all looked the same. Rob suggested they may need to dry a little longer, so I'll take another look tomorrow and see if I can tell the difference.

The tile guys weren't the only ones who worked over the weekend. The painters came back yesterday to prime the master bedroom and the bathrooms. The master bedroom color is called "Spring Meadow" -- it's very similar to the color we had in our bedroom before. (That's Rob installing the baseboard trim on the built-ins -- he's not really a hunchback, it's just a bad photo.)Romero and Juan were still working on the subway tile in the master bathroom. The color in this room is called "Sage Tint" -- it's similar to Restoration Hardware's popular "Silver Sage" color. I was happy to see all the pink and purple replaced by sage and white. So much better...
OK, I'm hoping the primer in the main level bathroom is a bit brighter than the actual paint color, which is called "Inner Glow." If not, we may have to tone it down a bit, but I guess we should wait and see how it looks with the tile. My initial reaction: Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment