June 16, 2009

In the Gutter

Notice anything different about our house today?
We have gutters! The roofers came back today to install the gutters and downspouts.
It was pretty quiet inside the house. Only John and Justin were there today. They had brought the newel posts inside and took one out of the box. It was a lot taller than I expected -- nearly as tall as me! John said he plans to trim them down a bit. Since he's not much taller than me, he also thought they seemed way too tall. I told him I was happy to have him on site as my advocate, since it doesn't always occur to Rob (who is 6'5") that what may look fine to him would not necessarily work for me (I'm 5'2").
Out back, John and Justin (who is also very tall) were installing the beadboard ceiling on the back porch.
The stucco guys had also come back to finish the back of the house now that the back door is in place.
We noticed for the first time that the roof over the back porch is not exactly symmetrical (look at the white part). I think this is a function of the right side being an extension of the roof on the house, but I'm not entirely sure why they couldn't have matched the left side to it a little better. John said he'd experiment with some trim to see if he could make it a little less noticeable.

1 comment:

  1. With all of the rain we've been having for the past several weeks, it seems the gutters and downspouts came none too soon! Congratulations on being one step closer to a fully renovated dream home! :)

    ReplyDelete