April 2, 2009

April Fools

Just in case there was any doubt, my previous post was just an April Fools joke. Except for the part about John not realizing it was his birthday until his mom called, everything I wrote was entirely fictional. My house did not catch on fire -- as far as I know. . . Rob really did promise not to call me again yesterday, but I'm pretty sure he would have broken that promise if my house burned down.

About an hour after I posted that entry, I emailed one of the Steves to let him know that Josh and I were thinking of taking a trip to Ukraine in late May to visit Josh's brother and his family. They are living in Kiev for 6 months while my sister-in-law is doing research, so we thought it would be a great opportunity to visit a new place and spend some quality time with family as well. Better yet, my sister-in-law and 12-year-old niece both speak Ukrainian, so we'd have some excellent guides and translators to rely on.

Anyway, I asked Steve what he thought about the timing of this trip, since we didn't want a week-long absence to hold up our renovation. Here's the response I got back:

Might as well. It is going to take us some time to rebuild your burned down house.

No comments:

Post a Comment