April 29, 2009

Bye Bye, Blue!

I had to go to the post office yesterday to stock up on Forever stamps before the rates go up again (44 cents on May 11!) and mail something to Discovery, so I made a quick stop at the house on my way home. The stucco crew has made impressive progress -- my bright blue house is now a much more subdued grey color. The final coat of stucco will be white, like the chimney, to match the original color.
All that's left of the blue sheathing are the little patches around the new arched window, and I'm sure that will be gone very soon.
Even the interior of the front porch has been covered -- although I'm not sure what the plan is for the ceiling. I'll have to ask about that.
Once again, there wasn't much activity inside the house. Rob was vacuuming the stairs, and Jim was adjusting a light fixture in the master bedroom. They were anticipating much more excitement the next day, as both the roofer and the spray foam insulators were scheduled to come. Fingers crossed that they actually show up. The arched window in the front bedroom is now fully framed in, and you can see the stucco guy outside has already started putting up the felt paper around it.
It's raining here today, which has cooled things down considerably, but may cause some more delays for the roofer. If we get thunderstorms, I don't think anyone will want to be standing out on that scaffolding -- the house is like one big lightning rod! I plan to go over this afternoon to see what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment