April 6, 2009

It's a Boy!

Rob asked me to come over today to discuss some options for the stairs. When I got there, I found him with a big smile on his face -- he told me he just found out this morning that he and his wife are having a boy! He's been hoping for a boy, so he was on cloud nine. I'm sure it will be a while before he comes down from that high.

As for the house, I noticed they had done some additional work on the balcony and created an opening for the French doors.
Here's what it looks like from the inside.
This is probably the only vantage point from which you can see my bulbs coming up next to the trailer.
And they've started framing the island (or, technically, the peninsula) in the kitchen.
Rob and John and I went over some of the options for the stairs, but there are several factors in play that will inform our decisions about all those details. In fact, there are very few decisions that can be made totally independently of everything else. We also came up with a design for the bench on the back porch, which will be a free-standing box with a hinged lid that can be used for storage and moved down to the patio to provide additional seating if needed.

The windows are supposed to arrive later this week, so we may see some major changes in a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment