April 1, 2009

Pali Floors

When I left the house this morning, Rob promised he wouldn't call me again today, so I was surprised when my cell phone rang this afternoon and his name popped up on the screen. I was about to chastise him when he told me he had some bad news. He said a rep from a new flooring company -- Pali Floors -- came by right after I left to drop off some samples. He chatted with some of the guys while they took a cigarette break out front, and then when he left they went out to lunch to celebrate John's birthday. (His birthday was actually yesterday, but John forgot all about it until his mom called and reminded him.)

When they got back, my house had burned completely to the ground! The floor guy must have flicked his cigarette butt into a pile of scrap wood on the front porch and it caught on fire. I rushed over to the house, and tried to help them sort through the charred rubble to see if anything was salvageable. What a mess!

Looks like we're going to need a new washer and dryer!Sucks to be whoever owns this car!
Well, I guess they are going to have to start all over. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and all our stuff is either in our apartment or in storage, so nothing was lost that couldn't be easily replaced. Good thing we have insurance!

I don't think we'll be using any products from Pali Floors. But if I ever meet that guy, I'm going to rearrange his face -- or at least the letters in his company name... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment